Thursday, September 15, 2011

You could add a lime to that coconut...but I prefer Prosperine!

Prosperity:  The condition of being Prosperous
Prosperous: Having success, Well-to-do; well-off: a prosperous family, Propitious; favorable: a prosperous moment to make a decision



Right now, in the present economy, talking about Prosperity almost seems blasphemous but it’s not.  It is a concept that is deeper than it looks, and is attainable in any season, any weather, any condition, even in the present economical windfall.  I find myself concentrating on the concept of prosperity time and time again…refocusing my mind, and driving the chatter out of it while breathing deeply to get calm and then I start to notice how well we (especially me) are all provided for.  There is so much bounty in America…we have garage sales!  There is so much bounty in America we fill up thrift stores!  There is so much bounty in America, that we give away coats!  These are little things we take for granted, but our grandparents during the “depression” did not. 

Today, take the time to look around your office.  What do you have?  Do you have pens and paper?  Do you have a desk, chair, air conditioning, heating?  Do you have running water, and a “septic system”?  Do you get paid minimum wage or above?  Take a deep breath, and tell the Universe thank you.  NO, do not tell it you need more money, do not say big deal I have running water, think of how people all over the world do not have these basic things.  These are not requirements for living, they are perks.  Do the same at your home, then in your relationships, and finally look at yourself and see how much you have.

For example…I moved in my home about two years ago, when we did I remember complaining that it was empty.  Now, I find that every surface has something on it.  I have plates that match, coffee cups aplenty, Ed Hardy Drinking glasses, retro platters and pitchers, nifty bowls, silverware that overflows the drawers, more pots and pans than I could imagine.  But when I moved in here…It was bare!  Now, once a year we have a Temple Garage sale…and we all gather together and put our “extras” out and sell them and use the money for our building fund.

I used to have to work every day long hours doing hair in a high paced shop and still manage a new church.  Now, I can work from home. I have more free time to concentrate on the Temple and my family.  Guess what?  The loss of that income has not hurt my family!  We adjusted, and I start to see that I was moving so fast I could not see the bounty the Goddess provided for me so readily.  I have four wonderful children, who all love me and who are all healthy!  I have a strong handsome smart husband who shares my faith, and thinks my cooking is awesome!  I have a spiritual family that feed me when I hunger, is strong for me when I feel weak, and does not expect me to be “perfect” and loves me for my quirks.  Life if full….Life is bounty-full….I am prosperous!

Just in case, the mental exercise does not do the trick I have a dish here that I think you could make that might make you ingest the feeling and emotions that “change your vibration” so that you too can resonate and get yourself “attuned” to Prosperity.  Draw it into you personally; share it with your friends and family, take it to a card game, a pagan meetup, but share your spell of prosperity with all…because when the Gods give you something it is so wonderful to share it!

SPELL FOR PROSPERITY:

You are going to utilize the skills of Kitchen Witchery for this spell.  The spell will be dedicated to the Goddess PROSPERINE/PROSPERINA which is the Roman name for the Greek Goddess Persephone.  She is the Goddess of Vegetation, the Spring Maiden, the Daughter of Zeus and Demeter, the wife of Hades/Pluto, and the Queen of the Underworld.  Light a candle for her, lay out an offering to her, and pour her a refreshing glass of juice.  Invite her into your home……

 “Prosperine, Lady of Bounty, please assist me
 as I share your prosperity in this dish I bake in your honor
May all who eat it, including myself; start to see your gift everywhere!
May we live in prosperity,
May we dwell in prosperity,
May we rejoice in our prosperity!
Thank you for all you have done for me and mine!”
Gather the ingredients, and sing while blending and cooking them or hum….PROSPERINE, or a song that makes you feel HAPPY and full…..When it is done, serve, and enjoy!

Prosperine’s Coconut Rice Pudding -

Ingredients:

2 cups water

1 cup uncooked long-grain rice

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

Pinch of salt

18 ounces evaporated milk

1 can cream of coconut (14 ounces)

1/2 cup golden raisins

3 egg yolks, beaten

1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

Place water, rice, butter and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat and stir frequently. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 10 - 12 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Spray Crock-Pot with non-stick cooking spray. Add evaporated milk, cream of coconut, raisins, egg yolks and vanilla to Crock-Pot and mix well. Add rice mixture and stir to combine. Cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 hours. Pudding will thicken as it cools. Garnish servings with toasted coconut, if desired.



Thank you for the gift of  your time!  Please share with me if this spell brings you the prosperity you desire.  I am off to Mabon and dancing in the woods with the Pagans!

1 comment: